|Fourth Convention of National Assembly of Green Nepal Party held on 17 September, 2010|
Green Nepal Party
We have gathered here today with a mission. That mission is to eliminate perversion and anomalies of democracy and inject clean politics and clean environment. Our party does not follow the policy of spending lavishly on flags and colourful banners to draw crowds demagogically.Today our country is messed up in ideological chaos. We do not wantto otstruct free flow of ideas with brute force of arms, for history teaches us."Pen is mightier than sword." We do not sell dreams to people of equality and prosperity dawning upon society at price of property seized and freedom denied. We believe in the ethical actions, live on honest earnings, keep our conduct good and support the party with small savings we can afford. We have founded this party to establish a liberal democratic welfare society where good governance is a reality.
l must acknowledge that so far we have not been able to get enough support from clever elites, the rich and the neorich.But we do hope they will be attracted to our programmes in the future. The very nature of struggle entails battling such difficulties with guts and grit to march forward to set goals. Misusing the mandate given to them by the people the parties today are mired in a dirty game to serve their personal ambitions. Hence our party has come out with a new campaign "Clean the Environment". Because of deforestration the rivers and streams are fastdrying up, even perennial springs are disappearing forcing villagers to leave their habitat. Not only the beasts but even the domestic animal's population is declining. It isto make people aware of such stalking disaster that we started our campaign "Plant a Tree" in the valley from July 2010.
Our slogan is "Plant a tree once in life; Save the source of water".
We have this to say:
All big organizations are small at the start.
All the great persons have humble begining.
All innovaton are alone to begin with.
As one poet put it so elegantly;
"That traveller is no traveller who retires before reaching the destination" Yes, we are not tired. Our journey is on"
Long live Nepal: Long live Green Nepal Party
|Resolution adopted by the fourth Convention of National Assembly of Green Nepal Party:|
|A, Political Resolutlon;|
1. The parliament has been turning as meaningless institution due to the dogmatic stand of the political parties. Politics within the Constituent Assembly has been subject of hatred in the people's eyes as the Parties are staying neutral or abstain from voting in the runoff to prime ministerial election in the legislature-parliament with the evil intention of not endowing with the majority to anybody else. The people's representatives must get down to business immediately and elect a new prime minister without any further delay.
2. The Hariyali Nepal Party would like to draw attention of the political parties represented in the parliament, that threat is looming large on the achievements of the people's movement of 2006, If we are unable to check the intervention of the political parties to defend the goodness and activities of the criminal gangs who are becoming stronger due to weak and fragile government and loose administration we will have to pay heavy price
3. Even though the Constituent Assembly, comprising 601 members, was formed with the objective of implementing peace accords and giving new constitution to the country; now it has become a burden for the nation and people. Political parties and their leaders looked ridiculous (Character of humor and satire) as they failed to justify the propriety of the Constituent Assembly by extending its tenure by themselves. There is no justification of drawing salary and allowances by the members of Constituent Assembly as they failed in their duty to draft a new constitution on time.
4. Our party demands that the matters concerning the formation of provinces and their financial resources in new Democratic Federal Republic of Nepal should be decided through the referendum. Our party is against the concept of "One Madhesh One Province" and also opposes granting rights to the States for self determination. Our party is also against the concept of one party dictatorship and State controlled economic system.5. There are maximum number of landless population in Terai. Ho; i the Federal States are going to solve their problems of caste ano, class discrimination? Likewise, rich and enrich people living in hilly areas have been migrating to terai and cities. Now there is access by roads to hilly regions and yet the investors and workforce are fleeing from such locations. Therefore, our party would like to draw the attention of all stakeholders of proposed States towards these constraints’.
|B. Economics Resolution;|
1. Our party is in favor of competitive open economic system and we would like to give priority to native entrepreneurs and investment. We are also in favor of involving the foreign technology and capital in the campaign of nation's development.
2. Priority should be given to utilize the national, for the development of water resource in the areas, should be given to complete the project on time.
3. Our party is in favor of more liberal and open policy in the areas of tourism, entertainment, sports and education.
4. Economic development of China and India will be more beneficial for Nepal. We must be able to attract the capital and for these countries.
5 As the access of road is available in hill districts headquarters the government should quickly launch easy financial aid program to promote fruits farming, herbal plant and livestock and the occupation in such areas.
6. TO impose penalty and imprisonment the government should frame rigid laws and take action against those profiteers who are indulging in the offence of price hike, adulteration, short measurement and artificial scarcity.
1. Ethnic, linguistic and regional conflicts are widespread all over the world in the twenty-first century. The government and society with liberal attitude, should address these problems. Hence, the government should immediately launch special programs for the purpose of raising political, economic and academic standard of Dalit, neglected class, disparaged class, women and children.2. Elite class of Nepal has fully exploited the opportunities available in the country but they are sending their kids to America, Australia and other rich countries on the pretext of giving higher education and encourage them to settle in those countries. Various instances are there at eventually they transfer the property held in Nepal through illegal means. Therefore, it’s our duty to remind such fleeing groups of their nationalism and their duty to invest labor and capital for the development of Nepal.
|D.Environment Protection Resolution|
1. Due to environment degradation Nepal is going to turn into desert. In order to check this terrible problem all political parties should act for the protection of the environment. Political parties should not keep quiet on the pretext that such problems will be taken care by the government and non-government organizations. Our party has started a "Plant a tree" campaign in Kathmandu valley since the July 2010 and will extend this campaign to all over the country for one year.
2. Due to deforestation Chure and Charkoshee forest areas have become barren. Hence, forests, wild animals and rivers of these areas have been disappearing. Thus both, who became rich by exploiting the forest and who are earning their livelihood by selling the firewood and grass of the jungle, should be shifted to alternative occupation. While the poor should be provided with the jobs the defaulting contractors and smugglers of woods should be given severe punishment.
3. Forests of hilly areas have been exploited and hence, water sources have dried up considerably. With the scarcity of water, old habitations are forced to move to other locations. Farmers refrain from keeping cattle’s due to scarcity of food and water. Import of chemical fertilizers has increased as there is scarcity of compost fertilizers in hill areas. Children and other members of the family are deprived of taking nutritious food like milk, curds etc.
4. Although, connectivity in hill has improved, rate of migration has not declined as expected. Shortage of workers and capital has been the core problems of these areas in the past and now as well. Although there is access of transportation, electricity and communication in hilly areas, these facilities have not contributed to the economic development of such regions. Bearing in mind the changing circumstances of present time, the government and banks shall have to conduct a special investment and employment generating programs in hilly areas for the development of flora and fauna such as livestock, fruits farming, herbal planting and forestry etc.
|E.Foreign Policy and Foreign Relationship|
Our nation is sandwiched as a Buffer state between India and China, two rising powers of Asia following different ideologies. Hence our party discounts the risk of losing our sovereignty.
However, as some leaders of Nepal are greedy, corrupt and incompetent to run the government, they failed to consolidate the political change in the country. Incidents of political upheavals have been repeating as the people have become more conscious despite poverty. It is also revealed that the foreign countries are active to take the advantage of such political turmoil. In such a situation, political parties should be united on the issues of national interest. Due to our geographical position, whichever party forms a government that cannot abandon nonalignment policy. Our party is also convinced of not changing the nonalignment policy.
Chairman, Summit Group